Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Makings of a Gallery Wall

I have loved the look of gallery walls for months now, but was having trouble figuring out a good location for one in my home. In a moment of genius (and because of another crafty idea I am working on), I took down the large frame I had by itself in our entry way and replaced it with a new family of smaller frames.


We have a cute pair of love birds...


A pretty picture of the sunset in Santa Cruz I took that I had been meaning to frame...


Some scrabble inspired lovin' found on Etsy....


I don't have the before photo of the other frame, but it was a large distressed brown frame with a black and white photo in it, which felt too dark for the room. Sooo, I went on an Easter egg hunt through my house and collected some new frames, and basically free styled the arrangement.


I tried to avoid a really symmetrical arrangement, and went for a more free hand approach. It's really cool to view from the kitchen also, because the frames I have in there mimic the arrangement in the living room now! Almost like a continuation of the gallery wall in another room.



I've been meaning to add more frames to the arrangement in the kitchen too, so this will vamp up the look as well. Love it, and it cost me nothing since I had all the frames! Free is my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO super cute. I like the set up way better then before! Love the way they are all different, but match.

    ReplyDelete