Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DIY Letterhead Art

I can't take credit for this awesome idea, I found my inspiration from one of my favorite blogs Young House Love. I am all about DIY art, and this is a great idea for something more personal.




When I saw the YHL version I figured it would be as easy as typing something up in word and cropping it accordingly, but I was way off. They actually searched for a newspaper article that began with the right letter for them, which is honestly the hardest part of this whole project. After looking through a hefty stack of Real Simple magazines with the BF's help, I found our letter (literally in the last magazine I searched through, go figure).

So I scanned my little article clipping to my computer (we have a fancy printer scanner combo thingy) and then selected the portion I wanted to print. I left more text in because I like this look better, and it mentions "Sunday feasts" and I thought that was darling. I printed it out on high gloss photo paper and replaced the art I had in the middle of my gallery wall, and ta da!






Super easy and super cute! My kind of DIY project :)


No comments:

Post a Comment