Monday, May 30, 2011

Finished Kitchen!

It took me a full day (started Friday night and finished Saturday evening) but I finally finished painting the kitchen!



I am very impressed with myself, this is the first full room I have painted with no help whatsoever, but boy was I sore the next day! I got crampy hands when I was just about finished too, looked like I was doing the "live long and prosper" sign when I was cutting in the trim, hahaha.

Here is the midway point when I finished Friday night...






You can really see how dark the room felt before with the yucky green color. By Saturday afternoon it was looking more like this...




I hated the chaos in the kitchen at this point. The BF was slaving away in our backyard while I was working in the kitchen, and between both projects the house got really disorderly very fast. That's what I get for starting another project when we are already in the midst of another one, haha.

So I can check this one off my project list. I don't feel the need to paint the cabinets white anymore because the room feels much brighter with the wall color change. It came out a little more blue than I expected, but I really like it still. Here are more after shots!








I made a little mail/key station in the awkward little nook to the left, so this area feels like it has more of a purpose now.




But, this little storage cabinet used to be underneath the shelves in the kitchen, so I am on the hunt for a new buffet for the kitchen to store our wine and nicer dishes in.




I also plan on finding nicer curtains for the sliding door area, and some new artwork for the now empty walls here and there. Add it to the list!

Before...




And after!




Ahh, I love our kitchen now. Funny what a coat of paint (or two cans, who's counting) can do to a room! It really feels like our house now. Wish I had done this sooner!

1 comment: