Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Day that Heidi Discovered Spray Paint

In reading many interior design related blogs, I found that spray paint is a DIY'ers best friend. However, I was always more of a paintbrush kinda gal. Maybe I just never really needed to spray paint anything, who knows. In my quest for more outdoor lighting, I discovered the perfect use for a little spray painting TLC.

I had these cute little candle holders given to me recently, and I was having trouble finding a place for them inside. So, I figured I could use them outside instead, maybe even for citronella candles when bug season comes.



The only problem with this plan was that they would blend in too well with our wood fence, so a pop of color was needed. Insert spray paint here.




After a few good coats of bright yellow spray paint, the bf installed some wood screws to the fence for hanging these beauties.


ta da! I especially love how they contrast with my bright blue ceramic pots I have next to them. I am kinda crazy about bright blue and yellow right now, hence the lemon tree in a bright blue pot (now if only it would produce some nice Meyer lemons already...)


Also, I can see them from my kitchen window! It definitely makes our outdoor space feel like an extra little room.



And they are oh so pretty at night time too, and will give our seating area a little burst of light.



I'm thinking maybe some tea lights in mason jars for them too, then wind won't be an issue and I love me some cutie mason jars.

Overall, this project cost me $4 for spray paint, totally worth it. Now to scrub the rest of the bright yellow paint off of my fingers. Lesson for next spray paint adventure? Wear rubber gloves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment