Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Keep Calm and Frame Fabric

I know many people have a love/hate relationship with all the "Keep Calm" posters that have been circulating in the past few years. I joined late in the game with mine, and of course I chose a Tiffany blue version for my home. My "Keep Calm" print lived in the kitchen for the past few months, but with the new wall color being a soft shade of blue-grey, the blue on blue really started to bother me. Although I still love my "Keep Calm" print (even though it does little to actually keep me calm, fancy that) it was time for a change.




This might look familiar...I used some excess fabric from my most recent hope chest redo and framed it in a distressed brown frame I found at Goodwill awhile back.  Framing fabric is my new favorite thing. It is SO inexpensive and there are so many different fabrics out there with amazing prints (that might be overkill if used in too great an amount, also). It is easy-as-pie to update this form of art, which is great for an indecisive decorator like myself. 



I'm thinking of either distressing the frame more to lighten it up, or just painting it a new color entirely (maybe white, shocking I know). This frame grouping works fine in the kitchen, but the darker frame looks off when combined with the mini-gallery wall I made in the living room...at least to me.




See what I mean? It's not just me, right? haha. So, I have a little more DIY elbow grease needed to make the frame just right. But these are the moments I live for, really. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment