Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Area Rug Aftermath

Ok, I'll admit it, when I buy one new item for a room I feel the need to redecorate the room completely. This was the oh-so-familiar story yesterday. I had ordered a new area rug for my living room, something with more color and a large scale pattern, and it finally arrived at my doorstep! But, of course, with this new rug came the need to adjust all the other decor in the room. Starting with the throw pillows...



I had some Pottery Barn pillows I had purchased on sale, which actually fit really well with the color pallet in the room now. The rug has darker yellow, olive green and turquoise/blue colors in it, which gives the room warmth that was lacking before (I had a beige damask print rug before).




So, the rug changed, most of the pillows changed, and then I had to remove the hope chest in this room because the print was way too bright for the softer/warm tones in the room (actually going to reupholster the hope chest again because I don't love the print anymore, haha). So, in place of the hope chest I ordered a faux leather storage bench with tufting (gahh so cute!) to bring some texture and richer tones into the room.






I'm smitten. I think, possibly, that when this bench arrives today I might not need to redecorate the living room anymore. I can't make any promises though, and luckily the bf has gotten used to coming home from work to a completely different arrangement every day. Hehehee.



So, in summary, we have the old living room rug in the office now, hope chest is in our bedroom, and a new storage bench and area rug for the living room. And, in other news, check out the awesome mirror my antique restoring uncle gave me! Can't wait to give it a fresh coat of white paint, it's primed and ready!




More details on this later though, time to set my eye on another room in the house to redecorate, wish me luck! :)



1 comment:

  1. I love the rug and the whole redesign. I'm on the lookout for a beautiful rug and that is the first one I've seen that I just love. Where did you purchase it from?

    ReplyDelete