Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby Boy Nursery

I've been working on my little man's nursery for awhile now, here are some of the progress pictures!

Here's Toby the guard dog, preparing to guard his new brother. See that glider? I scored it for $30 at Goodwill! Those are normally $200-300, sweeeetness. 

I am in love with the light fixture in the room too, Ikea never fails me. It's woven bamboo, so it adds this cool texture to the room and lets of pretty filtered light.

The Ikea dresser I have been drooling over for years, finally have a legitimate reason to own it! Gonna put the changing pad right on top of the dresser.

Darling art prints I found on Etsy, which match perfectly with the color scheme. And that lamp base? $5 at a thrift store. I think it is probably pottery barn kids or something. 


Naked wall behind the crib, still need to figure out what to put there...

Ikea bookshelves with thrift store books! Seriously, books are expensive! I wait until I find them for $2 at my local thrift stores, no way I am paying $10-20 a piece for them. I also have some "little golden books" from when my Mother and Aunts were little, a cute vintage touch!

The curtains are from Urban Outfitters, I loooove the color pallet on them. They are sheers too, so with the blinds on the window there is still a nice amount of light. I don't want him to think it needs to be pitch black to sleep...


Here's what I still need to figure out:

1. Artwork for above his crib. I'm paranoid of anything falling on him, so I might do a mobile from the ceiling, or pom pom tissue balls...

2. Toy storage. There's a large closet along one wall, but no toy storage in the room itself right now. Maybe once he's older and the glider is removed there will be space for a toy chest.

3. Bedding for crib. I don't plan on using a bumper, so just cute fitted sheets and a bed skirt really. 

4. New side table with better storage for next to the glider. I think I am going to get an Ikea expedit low bookcase and use little wicker storage baskets, since the space doesn't really allow for much more.

5. This darling Gnome nightlight from Land of Nod. Really I just want it for myself, but it DOES serve a purpose...


Planning an Ikea trip this weekend, so I should have another progress update soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment