Monday, May 23, 2011

Kitchen Paint Color

We've lived in our house for about a year and a half, and so far we have only managed to paint our guest bedroom.  The colors in the house aren't incredibly offensive, but they also aren't really anything I would have chosen myself. I've come to understand that we probably will never paint our living room (due to the fact that the ceilings are about 20-25 ft high), so I've set my sights on our kitchen.

The kitchen is currently a sage green color, which I feel is too dark for the light-and-airy kitchen I want it to be.

The main problem I have in choosing a new paint color, however, is my obsession with all things turquoise and Tiffany blue. I don't want to go overboard with this color, as I already have many accents around the room in this shade (note the precious hexagon tray I snagged at Marshall's this weekend for $10.00!). I was thinking of choosing a more grey-blue tone to offset the brighter blues in the room already. Maybe something more like these...


Martha Stewart's "Frost"


Behr's "Fresh Day"


Behr's "Quietude"



I've already tested about five or six colors, hidden behind my kitchen cork board of course, hehe. I'm finally narrowing down my options, but it sure has been difficult. I better make up my mind soon, the BF has given me the green light to paint the kitchen myself! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment