Monday, April 25, 2011

Updated Fireplace

After staring at this beige monstrosity of a fireplace for over a year, I finally decided to take a paintbrush to it.



After taping it off as best I could (given the texture on our walls, it's nearly impossible to get a clean line from taping alone), I gave it a few good coats of medium gloss white paint.





But, of course, after seeing the results of the fireplace update, I had to update the mirror above the mantle. The fireplace is the strongest focal point in the room now, which means I wanted a mirror that I would love looking at all the time.

I replaced the antique wooden mirror below:


with a more modern and budget friendly wall mirror from Target, which I am kinda bananas for right now...



I love the simple geometric shape and how it updates the whole look of the room. At $24.99 I can't complain. Add some fresh daffodils for about $2 from Trader Joe's, and I find myself staring at this wall more than the TV to the left. Love what a quick coat of paint and trip to Target can do to a room!

No comments:

Post a Comment