Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hope Chest Update

Ahh my hope chest. I've had it for many years and many fabric upgrades. In my past studio, I went for a neutral sage brocade, which fit well with the shabby chic/beachy cottage look I was going for at the time. With my new brighter pillows, my poor little hope chest was starting to look like the neglected step child of the room.



Sooo, for ten bucks of fabric and a few staples, I'm going to upgrade the hope chest once more with a brightly patterned fabric to fit the current decor of the room better.



I still went with a brocade pattern, but one with much more contrast and depth, and in a color that compliments the other fabrics in the space. So far, the animals approve.




Especially Muffin, who inspects every new change in the room, just to be safe. Here she is testing the new fabric for comfort, a huge factor of course.


Time to grab the staple gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment