Saturday, January 28, 2012

DIY Fabric Message Board

Pregnancy has been wonderful, but waiting this last week to meet my little man has been making me a little stir-crazy. In order to preserve my sanity, I've decided to use the last of my free time to tackle some DIY projects I have been putting off for months.

First on the list was this simple to make, DIY fabric message board. It's really just a fancy cork board, covered in fabric and framed to make it look more finished.


It fits perfectly under the clock we have in our kitchen, a space that used to be completely blank...(and yes, that is a list of things I want to clean before baby comes right next to the phone number for labor and delivery, things all pregnant ladies put on their memo boards of course, hehe)



All I did was find a super cheap cork board at Goodwill for $2.99, and cut it to fit into an existing white frame I had around the house. I wrapped the cork board in fabric tightly, and secured it in the frame. Easy peasy! Not sure why it took me so long to make it, another one of my well-intentioned projects that have been postponed because I want to do so much!

Next on the list, making a Valentine's day wreath for my front door! Maybe if I keep really busy baby will come on-time just to interrupt my crafting spree...

No comments:

Post a Comment